Share

Bookmark and Share

Friday, March 26, 2010

Breaking Glass to Demand Right to Have Insurance Canceled - Really?

When I hear people protesting the passage of the healthcare reform bill, here is what I hear:

"I DEMAND THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY INSURANCE COMPANY CANCEL ME!"

You want that? You really want the right to have your insurance company cancel your insurance when you find out you or a family member has cancer -- or when your arrive at the hospital?

"I DEMAND the RIGHT to BE DENIED INSURANCE for a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION!"

(of which I have many due to eating too much fried food).

Do you really demand to be turned down for insurance because you have a risky condition or a disease like diabetes or cancer and an insurance companies don't want you because you will cost too much?

This is was the protesters are really saying if they think about it. Kinda crazy isn't it - to demand the right of some stranger to cancel your policy at the worst possible time?

Makes me wonder if logical reasoning is still alive and well in America - throwing bricks through windows, mad that they can't now be denied insurance or get canceled when they get sick.

That is sick! LOL.

No comments: