Share

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Time to be a beacon of truth justice and respect

I’ve been so busy that I’ve had no time to write in some time. It’s raining on our 4th of July events in Houston today, but after such a long dry spell I still welcome it.

The joke may be on the people running to replace Rep. DeLay – the judge may keep him on the ballot. The irony will be that it was a GOP motion to transfer it to a Federal court with a GOP judge who isn’t going to make a political decision over a judicial one.

The political choice in CD22 is nearing the end – either the judge will keep DeLay on the seat or they will pick someone else. It would be poetic justice to let the Congressman go down in flames on the ballot instead of letting him give the grenade to a replacement who has no money as time runs out. Either way, change is in the air. That is a good thing. CD22 needs an internationally experienced rep in this world of terrorism and global economies -- but it will most likely get the usual suspect, a politician who sends out negative attack ads like the one I just got in the mail and not much else."

We need to start picking people who know more than attack ads and bug killing to sit in a seat that deals with national and global issues daily.

Even Mexico is improving its democracy as our system is gamed by people like the series of recently indicted representatives (in BOTH parties). Mexico’s election reminds me of 2000 – a split electorate. But it is the first true democratic election in Mexico since Mr. Fox broke the PRI monopoly with his election six years ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew of Discovery today as they attempt another launch. As a pilot and someone who grew up on Star Trek I’ve always been a space junkie. I think we need more private space enterprises to really get things moving. Look how much SpaceShipOne accomplished—going to the edge of space-- for $20 million. NASA burps that in a nanosecond.

I don’t expect to be picked for Congress in CD22 – my mission was accomplished when a corrupt official left. One down. A lot more to go. My attention now turns national and global.

I have set up an international law office in Sugar Land Business Park. In my past I have even done international kidnapping negotiations. But I also do a lot of domestic work – profit and nonprofit. You do what you can to help deserving people.

Happy birthday America! We must again become a beacon of truth, justice that is respected around the world. There is much to do…

No comments: