Share

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Most Conservative dog in Ft Bend County

I haven’t been online due to a family emergency. Our dog Henri, the 100 lb lab mix we rescued from the streets a few years ago, is in emergency treatment. The doctor said today that he thinks Henri may have been poisoned. His liver is off the charts. He’s never been sick and this happened almost overnight. I haven’t been able to think about much else. Someone asked me to run in the Special Election for District 22. No. Why be a two month Congressman? That is silly. Gov. Perry flipped flopped after saying he wasn’t going to call for one. My priority is my family and Henri is really one of the kids. I’d rather invest the money in him then any campaign. We used to joke how Henri was the most conservative dog in Ft. Bend County, a county that loves to tout its conservatives. Any change, even a fallen chair, would set him off barking until it was put back. He has been my shadow, but it got me when all he could do was lie under my desk and groan because he felt so bad. Our vet referred him to the best clinic in town, where he is tonight.
I feel like I've had a ton of bricks hit me. That should make the DeLay diehard fans happy; they always hated me for running against him to give voters a choice on the ballot. It forced their guy to campaign and work harder in his district -- even though that is was what democracy is all about.

But there are some genuinely nice people out there, praying for Henri. I care about him more then any politician, indicted or un-indicted, for sure.

3 comments:

justiz said...

don't let them get u down...i pray and hope hari is well soon...family is most important...elections come again...

take care, ravin

justiz said...

i mean henri...it would be nice if they put the post visible when making a comment...memories aren't as good the older we get...

justiz said...

money is delay's middle name...he was no hammer...

instead of sticking to the reality of the subject...delay handed out earmarks like herion to a bunch of junkies...

after listening to the republicans blame the dems for 40 years...the republicans spent more money by delay's hand then charlie sheen recieved from the girls in what's her names datebook...:)) (yeh, i am proud of myself for that one)

have a good night...