Share

Bookmark and Share

Friday, December 29, 2006

James Brown v. Gerald Ford funerals

It's interesting to observe the difference as James Brown is honored at the same time as President Ford. Apparently Mr. Brown will have at least three changes in attire. That is something new. What is standard is his fans doing the "second line" - the New Orleans celebration of a life with upbeat (usually jazz) music that is last part of a funeral.

Mr. Ford will lie in State after a private ceremony for his family, and probably wearing the same suit. Two giants, so different in life and their rituals after death, but both sharing a history of having had a positive impact on millions.

In southern Texas today we are getting a series of rains coming up from the Gulf. I prefer rain to the 4 feet of snow that just hit Denver. I grew up on a farm in snow, milking cows. It (snow and milking cows) is something best seen in pictures. I can drive in the rain but on ice a car is like a pair of skies with no brakes...whoa! And I prefer my milk fresh off a shelf at the grocery store...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I grew up on a farm...milking cows."

...Is there anything you can't do Capt?

Fjetland for CD 22 in 2008!!

Anonymous said...

"I grew up on a farm...milking cows."

...Is there anything you can't do Capt'?

Fjetland for CD 22 in 2008!!

Anonymous said...

"I grew up on a farm...milking cows."

...Is there anything you can't do Capt'?


Fjetland for CD 22 in 2008!!

Global American said...

lol. These days I doubt I'd know the front end of a cow from the back end.