Share

Bookmark and Share

Monday, September 25, 2006

Henri and Congress District 22

Henri and District 22
Monday, September 25, 2006

Henri is flat, under my feet. He skipped breakfast, which concerns me. Henri not gobbling down food is like boys not thinking about sex. His breathing is somewhat better but labored. He did go for some RICE.

Henri has been with me since my first Congress campaign in 2000. As many of you know, I was the first to challenge Mr. DeLay in the GOP primary in years. Many things have happened since that time. With elections drawing near, it’s time to say a couple things about the District 22 race that I think snoring Henri will agree with:

In 2000 I raised the issue of international issues that affected America’s future – I talked about it on the campaign in front of rooms full of Republicans that had never heard DeLay mention global issues. I had done several videos on terrorism in the 90’s and gave copies to both Mr. DeLay and Vice President Elect Dick Cheney eight months before 9 11. Neither one of them had an aide respond with even a question.

I contend that we must elect Congress representatives who have global knowledge if we are to succeed as a nation and in the “war on terrorism.” So which candidate in District 22 has more of that than the others?

That is the issue – NOT whether they are this party or that. The GOP picked a pest control guy last time –he slept even after the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. This time they picked a skin doctor, a dermatologist. Do we really need an expert on skin rashes in the House of Representatives keeping us “safe”? How much global expertise does Sekula Gibbs have? Same question for the others. Pick the one with the most if you want to be safer. 9 11 happened because Mr. DeLay ignored the world and had no expertise in it.

I hear politicians say they will “keep the borders safe” yada, yada. Talk is not experience. Where was Dr. Sekula Gibbs in 1994 when I did a video with Dr. Ron Hatchett about the potential of nuclear terrorism coming to the U.S.? Where was she when I was negotiating in over 50 countries worldwide? Where were the other candidates?

Henri agrees. He wants his chemo treatment, but he also wants the people of District 22 with the best representative who really knows the world we face. Since I’m not on the ballot, which of those left fill that role the best?

That is the question for voters this November 7 in District 22…

No comments: