Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Two kinds of people - Beware

9/27/2006 5:14 AM

My wife and I got back at 11 last night from dropping Henri at the Gulf Coast Emergency clinic. He had a chemo shot day before yesterday and yesterday he started going out for a break and not coming back. I found him flat under some bushes near our fence. We got him into the house to rest. But later, I heard the kitchen door bump open and saw Henri slowly disappearing in the direction of the van. He was sinking fast and wanted a car ride to the doc. By the time we reached the clinic we needed a gurney to carry him in –90 lbs of dead weight (down from 100 lbs when this started). They got him an IV and stabilized him.

I’m finding that there are two kinds of people out there – the ones who treat their animals medically no matter what (Henri has cost over $5,000 so far and I am scrambling to make enough to keep doing it) – and those who just ‘pull the plug’ without a second thought even if the animal has a chance.

I avoid the latter. Someone that heartless is going to cheat you on a deal in my opinion. If they care so little about animals do you think they really care about cutting short humans?). If I find that out about someone I won’t do business with them. I prefer working with decent, honorable people – which is why it is just as well I didn’t end up on Congress. LOL. As long as Henri has a chance, like any of God’s creations, we will help him. It’s the human thing to do..

Henri still has a chance but it is still touch and go. I think I’ll write in Henri’s name for Congress in the Special Election. He has more guts than anyone and he’d be just as effective as anyone who servesg just two holiday months (Nov/Dec.) making the party rounds in DC. Henri loves FOOD (although he hasn’t eaten in the past 3 days)…that qualifies him for Washington. LOL.

No comments: