Share

Bookmark and Share

Monday, September 11, 2006

How to Honor Those Who Fell on 9 11

Five years ago today I spent the entire day at a TV studio (Fox 26 Houston) as a terrorism expert, trying to figure out what had happened that awful day. I started to watch the events today but just wasn't up to reliving that awful day again.

I think the best way to observe 9 11 is to find a sense of common purpose by Americans. That purpose, in my opinion, should be to make the world a better place.

I agree with the military command that says that we cannot win the ‘war on terror’ with bullets alone. It will take a political solution. It will take rebuilding and bridge building with Americans reaching out worldwide. I would rather they remember us for something we built instead of something we destroyed.

Highlighting those Americans who are making the world a better place is the purpose of the “Global American” award announced today on my Global American Yahoo Group website. You can get to it via my website.

The best way to remember the fallen of 9 11 is not to live in paranoia and fear but to take action to build a positive future for America and the world on the ashes of hate.

To do it will take our having allies around the world. We have too much to lose in the age of terrorism in the nuclear age without kicking our allies in the teeth. We need better working relationships between us.

Our future depends on it…

P.S. Henri gets his 3rd chemo treatment Friday. He has been responding well...

No comments: