Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

In Memory of Henri

Today the doctor called and said Henri was having kidney failure. The news hit right before I had a court appearance. Somehow I got through it before walking out of the courthouse with tears streaming down my face. The last time that happened was when JFK was assassinated.

We saw him one last time and it was evident he was suffering. So we consented for them to put him to sleep. I have lost the best friend I've ever had. He taught us a lot about life.

He is with God now - my wife's grandmother Mamaw passed away a couple weeks ago at 102. She says he's now with Mamaw in heaven. I think so too. I feel numb. I thank those who have posted kind comments...I'm spending the rest of today thinking about my little friend who had a rough start in life but turned out to be such a unique member of the family...

1 comment:

Jaye Ramsey Sutter said...

My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel having lost my Zelda summer before last right before my bar exam. I would just think of her, under my desk, where she liked to be when I was studying.

You won't ever get over it, you will learn to live with the pain. What you need from Henri will always be with you.