Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mr. President - Please Meet the Lady and It's Over

I do not personally know the President but I offer a solution for him to consider regarding the lady camped next to his ranch, if he’s interested.

Since Congress' job includes advice and consent, consider this a friendly act of advice.

Note: I was trained by the Fortune 500 to be solution-focused so I bring that habit with me in the political world. (Yes, i know - how quaint to focus on solutions in the age of focusing on finding fault).

Here is a quick and easy solution. If I were President I would meet with Ms. Sheehan, spend a few minutes listening to her -- and it would be all over, Mr. President. Done! Back to chopping wood!

Then you can enjoy what is left of your well-deserved vacation (it can't be much fun at the moment with Cindy and press camped outside the Ranch and the Iraqis still not getting their Constitution act together, etc).

Yes, I know, it is vacation time and you saw her once. I understand. But with things going the way they are, does losing a child in Iraq limit a person to only one audience with the President who championed this action?

I've been a candidate and found it required that I listen to people like Cindy as well as people who oppose her who live in the same district. I figured that it was part of the job if I was going to be representing people in Congress.

Meeting her a second time won't end the world and it solves your problem.

Mr. President, you are a caring man who has nothing to lose by talking to a grieving mom. Good luck. All true Americans are looking for solutions to these difficult issues and need an audience.

1 comment:

Global American said...

No, not Spam for comments! Bring back Kevin! Better to have someone criticize me than have SPAM for comments!
LOL