Share

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Emergency Planning - Pick One, NOT a Committee

I have to agree with Gov. Perry, who said that our area needs to pick ONE person to be in charge to manage future catastrophes that may strike the region, such as another hurricane.

I can’t imagine having another Hurricane Katrina or Rita coming our way and having to get a 15-person committee to make a decision! Have you ever seen a committee of 15 decide ANYTHING in a TIMELY manner? The storm would be here and gone before that happened.

We need to pick 1 person to be in charge to manage any future disasters – anyone, that is, other than Michael Brown (former FEMA director). We don’t need someone worrying about how his shirt looks on TV when a CAT 4 hurricane is blowing through…

1 comment:

Global American said...

Mo City:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't want to be the emergency czar. I think it should be someone like Judge Eckels who did a great job with Mayor White last year.

I'm drunk with power over a blog? LOL. I'm glad I offer some humor in your life...