Share

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Global American Series for Youth

On New Year ’s Eve I was at a party by a member of our church when the young teen came up to me and asked: “Has anyone ever told you that you look like Bill Gates?”

“No,” I said. It was good for a laugh.

But like Gerald Ford, I think Bill Gates is a unique leader of his time – because of his global vision to help those most in need.

While talking to that young man, the grandson of another church member, I realized something. It dawned on me that the youth of our country need a worldly education to thrive in this new world.

Therefore, I will be working on taking the “Global American” series to schools. Part of it will teach what President Gerald Ford taught us – the value of honesty and integrity.

Gerald Ford was a unifier. He inherited the tough job of extracting the U.S. from Vietnam. He had no demons, no hit list. He did not develop a big ego or a personality cult. He had common sense. He could work with members of both parties. We need more like him.

Goodbye Mr. Ford. We shall miss you.

More announcements will be forthcoming.

No comments: