Share

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

View from Atlanta



I'm in Atlanta checking out a glass convention while Osama bin laden hits the video airwaves again. I was wondering when he would rear his ugly head again - too bad we forgot about him the last six years. Like the Terminator, "He's baaaack!"

At the show I saw a couple companies with what they call "bullet resistant" or "hurricane" glass. It was THICK and EXPENSIVE -- nothing like XO Armor. Apparently a lot of people are looking for a solution, but I didn't see any product at the show that really fit the bill. Like I said, most of it was for new construction, very thick and would drain your wallet faster than a teenager.

None of it was for existing glass structures that need hurricane or bomb blast protection. XO Armor is the only thing I saw that can actually be used on existing buildings (as well as new).

From the sound of bin laden, we will be needing more bomb protection for some time.

No comments: