Share

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Be Careful What You Pray For

I complained about not having enough media and then two interviews yesterday cost me contact with over 500 voters who will decide this election, so be careful what you pray for comes to mind.

But I had to show out of respect. The problem was that at the same time as the Chronicle Board interview there was a funeral for a prominent member of the community, who had been a long time member of our little church in Richmond.

The conflict was showing respect at two significant events, since elections and funerals aren’t flexible events.

I did make it to the end of the reception to say a word to the widow and family.

My wife and I ended the day by attending a church service on Ash Wednesday.

If I have to choose now, I choose contact with voters over any interview. I committed to one today but that may be about it. Voters, not media, will be making this decision in what has been described as the most important election of 2006.

If media wishes to see my letter to the board which was sent today, please check with the Chronicle Board. We’ll post it when time permits and lately voter contact is priority one.

Also, I hope people realize that my email backlog is piling up – I’m not ignoring you. I’m out there talking to people. I WILL response as soon as possible.

If it is an emergency item, leave a voice message on my cell phone on the contact page on the website.

I am able to check that more often. The momentum is taking off so be patient if I’m slow in responding to requests. Tonight I'll be at the Galveston event at South Shore if you want to see me. Today I'll be in Rosenberg and Richmond...etc

No comments: