Share

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Full Speed Ahead

Full Speed Ahead

I am still amazed at the number of people who tell me that they are no longer voting for Mr. DeLay. I can’t recall even talking to anyone lately who has told me they are voting for him.

Nor have they said that they were voting for any one of the newbies either. No one knows them. My five (5) years of talking to people in this district now is the critical difference.

In 2000 I did like the other two challengers in this contest – I filed at the last minute and worked for 2 months. I discovered that t is impossible to cover this district of 400,000 voters, in person, in two months. That is why it has taken 5 years to get here, building the only known base opposing DeLay.

Now it is expanding to include teachers, vets, and Americans of every ethnic group and faith that live in this district: including Vietnamese and Chinese Americans.

While the other challengers put money and their faces on billboards and TV, I am putting mine in front of people, one on one. I am building on 5 years of trust and relationships across this huge district that spans parts of different counties.

It will be a small group of voters who make this decision – usually less than 10% of the total number of potential voters. Those voters usually vote for someone they have met or know. This year I am the single challenger they have seen on the ballot before.

Be sure to let your friends know that Tuesday, March 7th is the last day to vote for positive change in District 22.

Thank You!
Mike Fjetland

POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY---I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.-- Confucius (Chinese Philosopher) 551-479 B.C.

No comments: